Okay, first things first. If you have an older child (between the ages of 5 and 10), and you're interested in giving them a more "global" perspective, check this out. It looks like so much fun! I'm bookmarking it so that Rylie can do it later. It's not from a Christian worldview or anything, but it does give kids a glimpse into life in other countries. I know I would've loved something like this as a kid!
Here's my mom's caterpillar quilt completed! This photo is upside down, but you get the picture.
In other news...Rylie and I will be taking a trip to Duke University next week to participate in an infant study. I'm SO excited about this! They are studying how babies perceive numbers and differences in numbers despite the fact that they (babies) have no way to represent numbers symbolically or verbally. They'll look at pictoral representations of numbers and will be studied based on length of gaze, etc. I'll let you know how it goes. I think she'll even get a little t-shirt and certificate for participating...says something like "I'm an infant scientist." We'll see!
Mom and dad came to visit last weekend, and we had an amazing time! The weather was so beautiful that we were able to take a picnic to the park on Saturday. We all loved it! I have pictures, but they're on mom's camera, and I didn't get them before they left. We had a little scare with Nana having to be rushed to the hospital, so mom and dad got out of here in a hurry, and we didn't have time to transfer pictures. Thankfully, nana's doing great now, and I'll get the photos when mom's back up to visit in a few weeks. I'll post our picnic photos and others from the weekend then.
1 comment:
Before you go signing her up for all sorts of great-looking programs, see what's available for free. The internet has tons of great stuff to offer. Have a peek at this blog for an idea of what's out there :)
http://homeschoolfreestuff.wordpress.com
lee
Post a Comment