For our engagement anniversary, I decided to serve Tripp a 5 course celebratory dinner. This was a complete surprise to him, and our anniversary happened to be on a night he didn't have class. We were really able to savor our time with one another. This invitation was waiting on the door for Tripp when he came home.
Inspired by Jessica's friend, Mandy and her post here, I created these questions to answer throughout our evening.
Our dessert!
The evening was quite a success! I highly encourage you to try it sometime! You can get 5 courses already prepared at the store, and they don't have to go together-boxed spinach dip and crackers, canned soup, a bagged salad with dressing and toppings included, pizza, and a boxed dessert for two. I happen to enjoy cooking, so I wanted to do it all from scratch. It was just such a fun time to focus on one another, and it was so cheap! I actually do better at home than in restaurants-I tend to listen to others' conversations and have a hard time concentrating on Tripp. This worked out extremely well for us and our budget!
2 comments:
I love it!!! Isn't Mandy the sweetest? That salad looks amazing! Did you do the baked goat cheese yourself? Send the recipe! Also, I am SO the same way about being unable to concentrate in restaurants. Maybe I'll do next month's at home! Love you! Oh, and we need to catch up REAL soon! Looks like a lot has been going on :)
What a fun idea, Chelsey! I stayed up late last night and caught up on your blog. I didn't realize that you update it as much as you do! I will check it more regularly now!
Post a Comment