Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Drawing

Rylie really enjoys drawing. She's actually pretty good, I think. This is a circle and a triangle that she drew. Those are her favorite things to draw. The top one (though it looks like a heart) is actually a circle and the bottom one is a triangle. She really does draw curvy lines for circles and zigzaggy (new word) lines for triangles. I'm very impressed even if I am her mom! Her set up. This is her make-shift desk and she loves it. It used to be a knife block thingy that attached to the side of the cart in the back of the picture. It makes for a perfect tiny desk, though! We also use it as a mailbox for Rylie's mail.
Look at that concentration...and the way she holds her pencil like a pro!
She likes drawing circles and triangles and tracing her hand. She also likes for other people to draw their own faces.
A closer view of that pencil grasp technique. :-)

1 comment:

The Story Family said...

WOW! Some of my 2nd graders couldn't even hold their pencil that well (seriously!). Good Job, Rylie!!!