Last weekend, Tripp and I took our first trip away from Rylie since her birth. We went to Williamsburg (where we spent our honeymoon) to celebrate our 3 years of marriage. Rylie's grandparents came up to babysit for us. They each stayed one night with her, and she did a WONDERFUL job. I'm not sure she really ever noticed we were gone. I think she probably had as much fun as we did!
Here she is building towers with Poppy.

She likes to go up the steps all by herself now.
Her new thing-trying to let go of your hand. She wants to be so independent sometimes!
Jess-this is for you. She's reading to her little buddies in their Chick-Fil-A cubbies
The next few photos are of our trip...Fill 'er up!
It was a bit colder than we expected, so I got this long-sleeved tee. I didn't take a jacket. (I'm sure mom and Nana aren't surprised a bit!) :-)
We stayed in the lodge. It was very nice.
See? And we got a package deal, so it was very reasonably priced...nice bonus!

Tripp's favorite part of our room. He's a sucker for a rocking chair!
The lobby was decorated with lots of folk art.






















We toured the prison. This is an original cell in the prison. It's over 300 years old and has not been reconstructed. Also, at one point, 15 of Blackbeard's pirates were held in this very cell.
These are photos of Rylie's time with Granny and Grandpa.


Not sure what this look is about...maybe she was playing "serious face".
Zonked out! Oh, and we didn't put the stickers on her. She did that all by herself.
Rylie's "cheese" face
At the park




Digging in the dirt
.JPG)
.JPG)
.JPG)
Yucky lizard with only half a tail
Granny gave mommy a refresher course on how to make flower jewelry. Granny made Rylie a bracelet, and I made her a crown.
It didn't last long.
We all have a hard time keeping up with Rylie these days.
.JPG)
We stayed in the lodge. It was very nice.These are my paparazzi photos of Tripp. ;-)
Doesn't it look so beautiful and relaxing?!?!?!
We love the colonial city! There's so much to do and learn! I really liked the old-fashioned glasses this guy was wearing.
We attended a program called "Order in the Court." This is the sheriff.
And the head juror guy.

We attended the same program on our honeymoon...the juror guy was the same! This is a photo from 2007. He really hasn't aged much.
Costumed people singing in the street.
Funky wallpaper in one of the taverns.
This was the silversmith's shop. This is the progression of how a cup is made.
The thing in the foreground is where the silversmith saws the metal. As he/she saws, silver dust falls to the floor. That's the purpose of the wooden grate on the floor. Every year or so, they remove the grate, sweet up the dirt/silver, somehow separate the two, and send it to someone to get reimbursement for the silver.
sawing out a pendant
The progression of a ladle
One of the outdoor playbooths. You can see the balcony on the left side of the photo.
Using a thumb pot to water the garden

The cook...man it was hot in there!
A couple who was celebrating their 45th wedding anniversary offered to take our photo.
This is a comparison photo from our honeymoon (the only one we got of us together). We're not much worse for the wear, huh?
Granny gave mommy a refresher course on how to make flower jewelry. Granny made Rylie a bracelet, and I made her a crown.
1 comment:
I don't know what's more surprising, that Tripp still has his FACE shirt, or that he wore it to Williambsburg.
Looks like a fun trip! We haven't been to Williamsburg I think in about 6 years and can't wait to go back!
Post a Comment