-Rylie says "rabbip" for rabbit and she really pops that "p" at the end!
-Rylie also says "we-uh-we-uh-we-uh" a lot. She says it really fast and then throws in some words that we can understand. She sort of strings it all together like a sentence. I'm not really sure why she babbles because she speaks in sentences when she wants to. It's still super cute though.
-For snack a few days ago, I was fixing one of her favorites-Ritz with peanut butter and nutella. Anyway, at one point, Rylie looked over at me from her high chair and said, "Crackers takin' LONG time!" Maybe we should work on the "patience" attribute. :-) But after she finished her snack, as I was getting her out of her high chair, she squeezed my neck really tight and said, "huggin a friend." My heart melted. I know I can't really be her "friend" if I'm going to be a good parent, but to her, it's just a term of endearment right now, and I'll gladly accept the "friend" title!
-Tonight, Rylie asked to pray. We put our hands together and started thanking God for making all things and being the Creator. We've talked about this for the last few days. I'm already learning about kids asking those hard questions. Yesterday, I was telling her that God made everything (naming some specifics along the way), and for review, I asked her to name some things God made. Her responses: Momma, Rylie, Daddy, cows, "sheeps", etc. As I put her down for a nap that day, I gave her a cloth book about God's creation and told her she could teach her stuffed friends about all the things God made. When I went to get her up from her nap, she looked at the book and said, "God made rabbips!" I said, "Yes, he sure did!" and then she said, "God made Jesus." Wow...I just told her she'd have to talk logistics with her daddy about that one. haha...Anyway...back to tonight's prayer. So I was thanking God for being our Creator when Rylie interrupted me and said, "Thank you God house." So I said, "Yes, thank you God for our house. We really like living in our house. Is there anything else you'd like to thank God for tonight, Rylie?" Her response: "shoes....cows." So...that was what was on her mind tonight.
Okay, so there weren't a lot of photos to choose from this week. Rylie's so busy...she's just not quite as easy to photograph as she used to be, but to satisfy the grandparents :-), here are some from this past week.
Enjoying a waffle with a light nutella spread. 3/4 ended up on her mouth.
Another one of mommy's makeshift slides.
No comments:
Post a Comment