After our trip to the zoo, we headed to the beach. We only stayed for an hour. The wind was fierce, and none of us were dressed appropriately. We got this new carrier for 1/2 off, and it does wonders for my back. It provides the lower support I need. I've had a hard time finding a comfortable carrier due to my previous spinal surgeries, but I think this one is great. It holds newborns up to 90 pounds...not that we'll ever use it with a 90 pound kid, I mean, teenager. Anyway, Rylie's not a huge fan of it since she's in this big walking stage, but it is nice if she's asleep. Right before this picture was taken, she was asleep. Shortly after the photo, she wanted to get down. :-)
Rylie loved being at the beach. She whined when it was time to leave. She loved the sand, the waves, the shells, and she didn't even seem to mind the cold wind. She kept wanting to walk down to the water. Also, for some reason, Rylie loves to talk about snow. She will point outside and say, "Snow!!!" even when it's not snowing. She loves to put her snow boots on and knock on the door letting me know she wants to play in the snow...even though it's 80 degrees out. Well, she was thrilled when she first stepped foot on the sand and kept saying, "SNOW!"

You know that little stripe of hard shells you always have to cross before you get to the water? Well, Rylie crossed over it...barefooted. She definitely has Plunkett feet! We can walk on anything...shells, hot pavement, gravel roads, you name it. Not sure any of us has tried walking on hot coals, but I bet we could do it! :-)
Here she is walking over said shells. She didn't bat an eye or slow down one bit.


She wasn't scared of the water at all!


Pretty polished toenails.

One of her favorite activities...scooping up sand with shells and then dumping it out again. She kept saying, "scoop it up....dump it out!"
Hard at work

I love my little doodlebug!

You know that little stripe of hard shells you always have to cross before you get to the water? Well, Rylie crossed over it...barefooted. She definitely has Plunkett feet! We can walk on anything...shells, hot pavement, gravel roads, you name it. Not sure any of us has tried walking on hot coals, but I bet we could do it! :-)
One of her favorite activities...scooping up sand with shells and then dumping it out again. She kept saying, "scoop it up....dump it out!"
No comments:
Post a Comment