Wednesday, October 21, 2009

All before noon...

Rylie and I have had a very busy morning. Not busy in the productive sense, just fun busy...playing. We did get a few things done-a load of laundry or two, unloading and loading the dishwasher, but we're still in our pj's!!! When Rylie got up this morning (a tad earlier than usual), she ate her yogurt and then got down to play. She immediately went to her purse and got her bracelets. That's how she starts every morning these days. And then we had some fun...
Finger puppets!!!
Admiring mommy's work
Then I made a step to the couch. She LOVED this. I think the couch is her new favorite hang out spot. Today I stocked it with books, magazines, remote controls, my phone, her bracelets, and a blanket.
Next we talked to daddy for a bit. Rylie said, "Hey daddy!" (signed all of it, too!!!) Then I told her to say, "I love you," and she said, "I you!"
Next we tried a PONYTAIL!!!! I loved it, but I know her daddy will think it looks silly! :-)
From behind with her hair like that, she looks a LOT older to me.
And then...it was back to the couch.
We soon got grumbly tummies, so I fixed the chicken and noodles that Granny left for us last time she was here. It was super quick and easy. Rylie loved it...it ranks right up there with mac and cheese, Granny! I did take Rylie's bracelets off while she ate, but we kept them close by.
We played horseshoes with Rylie's bracelets and sippy cup
She concentrated really hard.
And then she struggled to get her bracelet off...hence the scream face
(If you click on this photo to enlarge it, you can check out those molars she's been working on!)
Literally, seconds later...just as peaceful as could be!
This is her typical bracelet pose...hand in the air so it won't fall off
She was doing some kind of belly dancer twirly thing with her hands here. It would've been cuter on video.

So...now it's 1:00, and she's been in bed for about 30 minutes now...just talking. Hopefully she'll take a good nap, and we'll have lots more fun this afternoon!...maybe we'll even end up being productive!

No comments: