Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Beauty and the Birds

Rylie is a girly-girl. I think I'm beginning to accept it now. :-) Today, I got my make-up out so that I could put on my face in front of our mirrored closet doors in the study. I told Rylie that we were going to play beauty shop. She stopped what she was doing, looked up, and then her eyes got SUPER huge! It was so funny! Tripp was here, too, so he got to enjoy the moment. It's those type things that he misses during the day which are never quite as funny being retold as they are when they actually happen. We both had a good laugh. She of course got all of my brushes and mascara (top on!) and went to town on that face of hers. She loves to put the eye shadow brush on her eyes. Oh, and today when we were leaving the house for a Bible study, I said, "let's go girl!" and she turned around, went and got her bracelets, put them on, and came back to the door. THEN she was ready! :-)
Yesterday, I was rocking Rylie a little before her afternoon nap. The chair is right next to the window in her room. A little sliver of sunlight was coming through the window. Rylie looked up and just stared at it. She saw the little dust particles floating around. She's never seen those before. She just stared and stared. Finally she said and did the sign for "bird" and smiled. I just said, "Yep! Those are cute little bitty birds!" After that, she couldn't take her eyes off of those "birds". I think she's in love!

1 comment:

The Story Family said...

Too Sweet!! Can't wait to see you all on Thursday!