Thursday, September 17, 2009

Sorry!

It's been a while since I last blogged...sorry grandparents! I know you guys are dying to see pictures! Our comp was hit by the black screen of death (gasp!), and we had to start our computer back at day one. We were grateful we were able to save the computer AND Tripp's boss was able to retrieve all of our information. All of our photos (from sept. 2008 to present) were on the computer, and we thought we may have lost them all. But now we have them on an external hard drive, and I'm working on burning them to back up cds. But it's taking a while...68 different photo folders to burn onto 68 cds...needless to say, I haven't made blogging a priority lately.
A couple of cute stories...
Rylie now sleeps with her monkey that uncle todd gave her. It's a cute little sock monkey. Anyway, we've taught her the sign for monkey, and we've also taught her to do the hoo hoo monkey sound when she signs "monkey." I was on the phone the other day, and I laughed at something, and she immediately stopped playing, looked up at me and did the monkey sign and sound. Apparently, our child is too smart for her own good and can already call me names via sign language! But in her defense, I guess I do have a monkey-like laugh! :-)
A few weeks ago, I took Rylie to wal-mart. She was reading a book in her carseat (one of her favorite pasttimes these days) and I heard a ripping sound. I looked back at her (by looking into my rearview mirror which allows me to see a mirror that displays Rylie's reflection...phew!!! All these advanced helps for parents!) Anyway, I heard this ripping sound, and I looked in the back seat. She was trying to tear a page in her book. I said, "Rylie, no." I watched in amazement as my sweet little child rested her head against the back of the carseat, closed her eyes, and pretended to be asleep. I couldn't help but giggle a little inside. So, about 20 seconds later, she peeked her little eyes open, looked at her book and started ripping again. This time, I said, "No ma'am!" She, again, laid her head down and pretended to sleep. I couldn't believe it! She's already trying to figure out how to be sneaky!
Oh, and one more. Rylie does NOT like to touch her eyes. If you ask her where her nose is, she'll stick her finger UP her nose. Ask her where her hair or head is, and she'll put both hands on her head. Ask her where her teeth are and she will point to them. Same with her ears. Ask where her eyes are, and she'll try to touch YOUR eyes. Well, she likes to play peek-a-boo, but she doesn't cover up her eyes. She doesn't like to have her hands near her eyes. Instead, she plays peek-a-boo by covering up her ears. It's so cute and quirky, and I love it!
I'll try to post some pictures tomorrow, but we're getting a visit from the Storys (they have a one-week old baby!)...so, I'll do my best. I know the grandparents are waiting patiently!

No comments: