Friday, September 18, 2009

Curious

Apparently, Rylie has this quirky habit where she scratches herself to sleep. Yes, you read that correctly. If we put her in a shirt and pants before bed, this is what her back looks like. We have to put her in one piece outfits to sleep in or she'll scratch her back to pieces. I think she does it to calm herself down before bed. She doesn't even seem to feel the pain that she should feel as she scratches her skin away. This particular night, I had just cut her fingernails, so her scratching didn't draw any blood. She just basically rubbed the skin away and had a carpet-burned like area. Poor girl. No more t-shirt and pants for pj's!
I love this series of photos. She decided to climb into the closet and shut the door. Notice how big those 9 month pants are on our 14 month old little Rylie!
Stepping inside...

Pulling the door closed...


Getting back out...
All done!
Yay!
You can't really tell what's going on here, but Rylie put her Little People boat up on the box and then climbed up there with it. She often tries to get in the boat and gets frustrated when both feet and/or her bottom won't fit! :-) I just love that girl!
Figuring out how to get in that boat. She gave up and decided to get down.
Head-first of course! She's learned to close her eyes and cover her face as she falls.
Rylie loves being my little taste-tester when I bake. This time she got pudding!!!

No comments: