Friday, August 21, 2009

Granddaddy

I just returned from a trip back home to attend my granddaddy's funeral. Thankfully, I was able to see him just a couple of weeks before he died. I have lots of great memories of my grandfather, and I'm so thankful to have known him! Since we were able to see all of my cousins and their new babies, I took along the camera. Here are some photos of my family.
This was after granddaddy's funeral. My mom cherished this moment. Rylie NEVER sleeps in anyone's arms anymore. She must've had a great time playing with all of her cousins in the nursery.

This one's just for you, Dana! :-)Some of my lovely familyGrandmother loved having all of the babies around!

Rylie and Avery playing "together". Avery after playing outside for a bit. She is one super smart cookie! She's not two yet, and her vocabulary is incredible! She can spell her name and count to ten! She is such a doll!
Heather with her babies. We've got some AWESOME mommies and daddies in our family! Everyone is so attentive to their children, gentle, and encouraging. I've really enjoyed getting to see my cousins as parents.
I love Avery's face in this one. She was showing mommy Kara's eyes, ears, nose, etc.
Sisters Shannon and Heather with their babies Kylie and Kara. They were only born a few weeks apart. While we were there, the girls's crying seemed to have an effect on one another. If one started, the other would soon join in...I think they're just very empathetic toward one another. :-) Both girls are so precious, and their mommies are, too!
Shannon's family...don't they just look like pros?
Caleb reading with the girls
Sweet little Avery
Uncle Caleb's always willing to share his yummy snacks!
Rylie brushes her own hair now.
Another sweet cousin...lots of beautiful little girls in the family now.

No comments: