Friday, August 21, 2009

Our Little Monkey


Our precious little girl is a climber, but before I get to those photos, I just wanted to post some "big girl" pictures. Rylie is finally in 9 month clothing. I'm a little sad (but excited, too) because the clothing is now much more "girly" than "babyish". Lots of her little outfits are so cute, but they make her look much older! Here's our girl a twirlin'!

Rylie has decided that she loves dogs. She stood in this windowsill at my parents' house for probably 15 minutes just watching the neighbors' dog. I caught her again today at our house climbing up in her rocking chair so that she could try to climb in the window....all to get a better glimpse at a dog down below.
Pretty girl!
Trying to find the best angle for dog-watching...this one wasn't it. :-)
She's creative!
I was cooking the other day and turned around to find this. This has since become "Rylie's drawer."
I found this work of art while I was cleaning up after Tornado Rylie
Getting into a non-Rylie drawer
Not yet realizing she's been caught...
Getting more adventurous with her drawer. Again, I wasn't looking when she did this...she seems to surprise me with something new every day. This is a blurry photo, but her expression is so cute!

Getting brave
Making her pad a little more comfy by cleaning out a few things
She did this tongue thing all day...I had given her some peanut butter and actually began to wonder if maybe her tongue had swollen. I think it was just some sort of teething thing. Or maybe she was just concentrating...anyone else's babies do this?
Rylie was playing with my guitar the other day. It was sitting on its stand. She loves to "strum" it. Anyway, she lost her balance and began to fall straight back. As she fell, she grabbed the guitar. It fell on top of her and she sort of pressed it into her head as she fell. She got some "string burns". She the three strings and the fret marks on her forehead?
Climbing again
It's a good thing daddy orders lots of books for school...this girl LOVES boxes!


The view from the back is always pretty stinkin' cute too! I love that little squat.
Today I was talking to her daddy on the phone and turned around to see this.

I changed her clothes and stuck her back down to see exactly how she had gotten up there.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

haha! that is hilarious! i really think that she could be an EK in the making:) she wasn't a snuggly baby, nor was she ever very still... she was quite the GO GETTER! i cannot believe how big rylie has gotten.. she is a doll!