Monday, February 1, 2010

Wedding Weekend Part 1

A couple of weeks ago, Rylie and I went to GA to attend Jess' wedding in Athens. This is the first part of our trip.
We started off the weekend by taking a walk down memory lane. Rylie LOVES to look through our wedding album. Here she is naming everyone she knows.Todd
Granny
Also before we left, Rylie took her pants and diaper off during her nap and wet her bed. A few days after that, she took her diaper off again (while leaving the crotch of her onesie snapped). I guess we're nearing the potty training time.
The morning of our departure, I let Rylie make daddy a picture for us to leave on his pillow.
She REALLY got into this. Since we made the picture, she asks just about everyday, "pencil, paper, daddy?"
Her masterpiece. Rylie's incredibly thoughtful and sweet, one of a kind daddy now has this work of art hanging in his cubicle.
During our trip, we got to hang out with Lydia and her kiddos. She's expecting #3! Lydia's such an awesome friend. We barely met before Tripp and I moved, we hardly ever talk, and we seldom see one another, but we always have such a blast talking about faith and family when we do get together. She's a truly great friend, and I just wish we got the chance to hang out more often! Also, our kids play so well together. She and her husband have done an awesome job training their children in godliness.
Rylie and Calvin (Evangeline's future hubby :-) ) Rylie was born July 24, 2008, and Calvin was born October 5, 2008. They seemed to enjoy one another during this visit.
Sweet little Cora Beth. She's 2 and 1/2.
Cora was showing Rylie how to diaper a baby doll, and Calvin didn't seem too interested in the "girliness" of it all.
He is so incredibly happy and smiley all the time!
We didn't pose this. They did this on their own.
Playing Ring around the Rosie. Other way, Rylie! They all really really liked this game!
Next, we met Dottie and Stephen and of course Evangeline for lunch. Evangeline had just had her 4 month check-up and shots. What a little trooper! I found out during our trip to the mexican restaurant that Rylie loves salsa. Go figure...it's a dip. She filled up on chips and salsa, and we had a wonderful time catching up with the Storys. I'm pretty sure we'll be able to convince Stephen to begin attending Shepherds Seminary during the next year or so so that we can have them living nearby! :-)Poor Evangeline's like, "Rylie, that one's for me, right? You're gonna share it with me, right?"
"I guess this paci will have to do."
At Poppy and Plunkie's house, there was a surprise waiting....
Rylie is into shapes, colors, numbers, and letters these days. She really only knows shapes, though. She knows circle, square, triangle, oval, star, and heart. We're still working on rectangle and pentagon. She says that everything is blue. She likes to get on our bathroom scale so that she can see her "numbers," and she enjoys playing with her foam letter tiles out on our patio.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I can't believe it...she is really a KID! I'm glad I got to see her even for a few minutes.