Monday, February 1, 2010

Introducing Baby Abbey Shirley

For our one year anniversary, Tripp and I went to Helen, GA for the weekend. We knew it'd probably be the first and last of our married "get-aways" for a while. And we were right. We haven't had a couple weekend since. We are working on that though...we've been told it's very important to get away together even if it's just for the day. Anyway, back to the story. Well, I was VERY pregnant with Rylie at the time, and I really wanted to go get her a doll from the BabyLand cabbage patch hospital. We had an awesome time, and we spent probably close to an hour trying to decide on the perfect doll.
Can't you tell I was SOOOOOOO ready to hold one of my own?!?!?!Fast forward a year and a half. We decided to give Rylie that doll this past Christmas. We had put her away until we felt like Rylie was ready to "mother" a doll. And boy is she up for the task! Her Granny and Grandpa gave Rylie these baby doll accessories for Christmas.
So...here's baby Abbey Shirley (the name is compliments of Cabbage Patch, Inc.)
Rylie loves to bounce Abbey
Goofy Girl!
Rylie will spend sooooo much time feeding Abbey. She puts the spoon in the container, dips out imaginary food, then put it right in Abbey's mouth. She makes sure to let Abbey have a few seconds to eat everything on the spoon. For some reason, Rylie really gets into this whole process. It's very cute!
Getting ready to put Abbey to bed the first night...
I guess she wanted to make sure Abbey's face stayed warm?
And since Rylie and Abbey are practically inseparable, Rylie figured she'd sleep more comfortably WITH Abbey.
Because of the distance from the golf course and the fact that her window has already been hit once with a golfball, this is the only wall that makes sense for her bed. However, notice how close it is to both the door and the electrical outlet. It does make me a bit nervous. A few weeks ago, Rylie locked herself in her room. I'd rather her do that than sitck her finger in the outlet, though! Anyway, we made sure that she and Abbey got to sleep right next to each other. It's like a slumber party every night!
In the mornings, Rylie says, "Ake up, Abbey!!!"
I made my friend, Jessica Holt Hughes, a quilt for her wedding. She and her hubby are UGA grads. That's how I picked the colors. Anyway, from the scraps, I decided to make Baby Abbey a quilt by modifying the pattern a bit. So Jess, here's your sneak peek!!!
Rylie likes to make sure Abbey wears a bow, too.

Seriously, Rylie and Abbey do pretty much everything together. Rylie sat Abbey up just like this, sat down next to her, and started reading her book. She's such a sweet friend!So proud of her stacking skills!

1 comment:

The Story Family said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!!!!!!!! This is absolutely the SWEETEST thing I've seen in a long time (besides Evangeline, of course!). So adorable! I love Baby Abbey Shirley! I can't get over how sweet this is!