Here are some of Rylie's newest accomplishments.
Rylie has climbed out of everything-her walker, exersuacer, etc. It's a wonder she hasn't tipped over her highchair yet! Anyway, we used to sit her in her walker to watch baby einstein so that we could get ready for church, etc. Well, since she can climb out of it, we no longer use it. I'm working on teaching her to just sit in her rocking chair (it used to be Tripp's...isn't that sweet!) She's doing really well. You'll notice in the photos that I put a little blanket down in front of her for a "landing pad" just in case!

And it's a good thing! I thought she'd be a dare devil at first, and she was. I know, I know...what kind of mother just snaps pictures of her child as she's falling rather than rushing over to help? Well, since she does climb out of everything, she's gotten pretty good at falling, and it doesn't phase her much...never has really.

And she's up again!

We worked on this skill a couple of different times throughout the day today. She needed a little "correcting" at first, and after some tears and frustration, she successfully sat in her chair for almost 30 minutes this afternoon. I was able to do some things around the house and just pop in and check on her. I praised her for sitting down everytime I checked in! She's doing sooooo well!

Also today, she had mac and cheese. She, like her mother, likes the boxed kind, but she doesn't like it right after it's cooked. She, like her mother, likes to eat it the next day reheated! That's my girl! Anyway, here she is devouring a bowl of the yummy yellow pieces!

Concentration

So sweet! I love that face!

:-)

Signing "milk"

What a cute expression!

When I asked Rylie if she was all done, instead of signing "all done" back to me, she furiously reached into her bowl to let me know that she was not all done! She needed to get those last three little pieces! Mac and cheese is a winner!
No comments:
Post a Comment