Friday, August 13, 2010

Birthday Celebration-Chick-Fil-A

Rylie didn't enjoy her birthday celebration at Chick-Fil-A as much as she did last year. She was pretty scared of the cow. On the way over there, we were talking about how we'd see the cow, and she seemed really excited. She kept saying, "See a cow...see a cow!" But once we got there and it started sinking in that the cow would be coming, she kept saying, "Cow not coming. Cow not coming." She just said it over and over and over again. She was so worried about the cow. Here's how she looked the whole time we waited for the cow.
Looking to see if the cow has arrived.
Still keeping an eye out for the cow.
Still watching
Holding Abbey for comfort reasons
First sight of the cow: an excited wave
And the smile begins to fade as the cow approaches
The scary cow
Pretty terrified at this point
And I deserve a mother of the year award for my sensitive response to my child's fear. I know...terrible. I'm not really sure why I thought it was so funny.

No comments: