Friday, August 13, 2010

Craft Day

First I'll post some photos of some crafty things I've made lately. This is a bear puzzle I created for Rylie. This is prior to cutting it into pieces.
I'm in the process of making some color books for babies. They are SOOOO fun. You start out covering a square with scraps of different shades of a color, and then...
You trim it so it's ready for a fabric book!
I'm making 4 books at once, so I've only gotten through 3 colors so far. I love it because each page is unique.
Here's a little flashcard/memory game I made for Rylie. I love working with felt!
Isn't it cute? I'm pretty sure I got the idea off of a website called Sew Much Ado
Rylie was playing with her manger scene while I was sewing the other day, and I came over to find this. She had pointed everyone so that they could all see baby Jesus. She's so smart! Oh, and we do have a replacement baby Jesus in case we lose one, and you'll notice that our replacement baby Jesus is up in the tree.
All our stuff for Craft Day
We started off with an old sheet and got to work on making clouds. (equal parts shaving cream and glue...they really do puff up!)
And then we decorated Christmas trees....several times, actually. Rylie LOVES Christmas anything, and this was her favorite activity by far.
And then I quickly whipped up a Shapes Puzzle while she was working on her Christmas trees. I was so proud of her. She could name all of the shapes except for parallelogram and trapezoid. But I hadn't taught her those before. She's in the process of learning them now.
This was her FIRST try at the puzzle without any help...she's so smart!!!
She really liked that she could roll up the puzzle.
Here we are playing a game of Memory.
At some point during our craft day, Rylie spilled some tea. I didn't say anything. She jumped up and said, "I clean it with my broom!" What a big helper! She's going to make an awesome big sister!
Our clouds
We finished off the day with some cooking. The girls made pancakes while daddy made bacon. Look at the concentration on that little face...she is such a little chef!
Tasting the pancakes
Delicious!

4 comments:

lee said...

Love the clouds! You could sell everything you make!

Nicole said...

You are so crafty! I especially love the color book. Beautiful!

Lily & Billy Grimme said...

Chelsey, I LOVE the color book...seriously, I think I need to shadow you just for a day to gather up some fantastic tips, you are so clever and creative!

Jessica said...

You are so creative!! Great ideas!