Saturday, June 5, 2010

Pictures to Follow

Just wanted to share with you something that I overheard today. Tripp was attempting to entertain Rylie while I was getting dressed this morning. She started playing with something Tripp didn't want her to have (I actually think it was a picture frame). In an effort to distract her, he took her to the bathroom and said, "Hey, Rylie! Wanna see a match?" as he proceeded to take a box of matches out of the bathroom drawer. I simply replied, "Are you serious?" haha...I'll blame it on the fact that he hasn't had much time with her over the last 2 weeks. Rylie and I returned home last night after a 2-week stint with my parents (and grandmothers) in Thomson. We went so that we could help out my mom who had surgery during that time. I wasn't much help, but Rylie was a great motivator. Plunkie was back on her feet in no time, seriously. We had a great visit, and as a result, I only have 500+ photos to narrow down to 20-30 to share with you. Uncle Caleb even took us to the zoo one day! There are so many sweet photos to share, and hopefully I can scan them and get them up soon! Until then...a parenting tip I'd assumed everyone knew: Never, NEVER let your children play with matches!!! :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kids here always play with matches. I have seen four year olds squatting in the street lighting things. Carefully squatting because they know better than to get their clothes dirty. That would get them in big trouble!

The Story Family said...

I CAN'T believe I called your husband yesterday for parenting advice!!!

-Stephen