Tuesday, January 20, 2009

SNOW DAY!!!

Today was a snow day for us. We think we got a good solid 4 inches...maybe more. When we would walk around outside, you couldn't really see footprints. We just made trails as we trudged through the snow. Rylie wasn't too terribly excited about the snow. She was pretty unexpressive. But her mommy and daddy had a BLAST! I don't think either of us has seen this kind of snow in our lifetime.
This was the view from our door this morning.
The wind was just a blowing.
Isn't it just beautiful?
My family has a tradition of making snow cream whenever it snows. When I found out last night that it was supposed to snow, Tripp went to the store to get the needed ingredients so we could enjoy that special treat today. I'm sorry you missed out, mom and dad. I did write the date and location of the snow on the recipe. Tripp had never had snow cream before, and he really seemed to like it. We both agree that it tastes a LOT like Chick-fil-a ice cream. Yum!


Tripp thought I looked funny. I don't have long underwear, so this was my first layer. I tucked the pants into the socks so they wouldn't get all wet...that's not really THAT weird.
The finished product...yummy!!!!
All bundled up!!!
I had just picked up some snow and thrown it in the air...Rylie didn't seem to be excited or bothered by the falling snow.

God's magnificent creation!
I was REALLY glad I hadn't thrown my boots away when we moved to NC! Tripp had to walk around in tennis shoes. :-( (Those are my legs by the way...Tripp's are much more masculine!)

This is our condo building-notice how far the snow comes up on the shrubbery below. Also, the tree is right outside our bedroom window...we woke up to a beautiful view!



She was in mid-spit-up



Look VERY closely to see the icicles.

Our vehicles

I couldn't resist this holiday photo-op

No comments: