Sunday, February 8, 2009

The Funky Fridge

Disclaimer: I can't believe I'm posting this. Nana, you might want to skip this post. This will make you question whether or not we're truly related! :-)

Okay, so I'm admittedly not the most neat-freakish person around, but I do like to keep things organized. I don't clean our house from top to bottom every day, but I do dust and wipe down counters, swiffer mop the kitchen, etc. (Tripp has to do the vacuuming because of my allergies.) Well, we moved into our condo on November 13. Since then, I have run the swiffer over our kitchen floor several times. I really like the fact that it's so narrow and will easily slide partway under the stove and fridge. But apparently, it's not quite as narrow as I thought it was.
A couple of weeks ago, while I was doing some cooking, I laid Rylie on the kitchen mat in front of the sink (again...I'm not a germaphobe). Well, I went to pick her up, and this is what I noticed...

See it yet?

Look closely!
Absolutely disgusting!!! A fake nail!!!!
Upon closer inspection, I found another one! Along with two bouncy balls.
When Tripp's folks came to visit, we used the men to move the fridge, and Tripp's mom graciously cleaned up the nastiness under the fridge. I thought I might vomit. I was jut glad I found those nasty nails before Rylie started crawling and tried to eat one or something! And I couldn't believe the dust under there! No one has lived here since last summer, and it looks like they probably didn't clean under the fridge while they were here either. But you all will be happy to know that the area under the fridge is nice and clean now. I should've posted some "after" pictures to redeem myself. Maybe another night!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh...I gagged a little. Haha, lease post some "after" pictures!