Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Welcome Rylie Danae Goodwin!!!

Our little bundle arrived 6 days late on July 24, 2008. She came just one day before her uncle Caleb's birthday. She was born at 11:03 am, she weighed 7lbs. 5oz. and was 19 inches long. She was delivered via a scheduled cesarean as a safety measure. Because of my previous back surgeries and spinal fusion, I couldn't have an epidural. Therefore, if the doctor had allowed me to labor and my labor had ended in a cesarean anyway (which would have likely happened since I was making NO progress whatsoever), I would have had to be put to sleep. My doctor didn't think it was the safest route to let my body labor for 24 hours and then be put to sleep. So, we just bypassed all that labor business (no complaints here!) and just did a cesarean! Rylie was born without any complications, and I recovered beautifully. My incision did get infected, and I kept a fever the whole first week of recovery, but after two back surgeries the whole thing was a breeze. God was gracious in preparing me for all of this! So...meet our little lady!
The anxious parents. I came down with bells palsy on July 15th...that's why I'm wearing an eye patch
The supportive crew
Our beautiful baby girl





No comments: