Wednesday, September 17, 2008
Differences in Moms and Dads #1
I chose this title because I have a feeling there will be more than one of these. Since Rylie's been born, I've noticed several differences in the way that Tripp and I interact with her. I'm not crazy about germs or anything like a lot of moms, but I am a worrier...and Tripp's not. Rylie's been sleeping for a 5 hour stretch before she wakes up for the first time at night. She's been doing this since our NC trip. Well, last night, I woke up after 6 hours, and she still wasn't awake. I woke up Tripp and told him that she was still sleeping and he said, "That's good. She's sleeping. Go back to sleep." And I said, "That's the problem. She's sleeping, so I can't sleep." He just rolled over and went back to sleep. I on the other hand waited and waited for her to cry. I stayed awake for another hour before finally going to get my mom and ask her expertise...to wake or not to wake. She told me to let her sleep and that she'd probably wake in another hour or so anyway. I agreed, but decided to at least go check on the sweet baby. When I went in, she had her arm in her mouth just sucking away (sound asleep, of course). I felt just terrible for her, so I picked her up and fed her. She did a seven hour stretch, and I couldn't even enjoy it and get some sleep myself! But her daddy didn't miss a minute! :-) Here's are some pictures of our yawny girl!




Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
7 hours? enjoy it, girl! i can't wait to see that little sweet pea next week :)
Post a Comment