Monday, September 8, 2008

Smiles and Surprises

Rylie smiled today! She OFTEN smiles in her sleep, and she has been smiling here and there when she's been awake, but it's nothing I would consider very purposeful. But today, after she had a nice full belly, I was talking to her and she smiled. And then she did it again. And then again. Then, we took her to her Poppy's office (my dad), and she smiled several times for him, too! She's just growing up so fast!
On another note, we came home from NC today. The trip took a little longer than expected. Rylie did well the first leg of the trip, sleeping for a solid 3 hours! By the time she woke up, she was VERY hungry, and she let us know...she cried and cried and cried so much that she kept choking. It was really pitiful. And of course, we were like 15 minutes away from the nearest exit. So I felt like a horrible mother...like she would never trust that I would feed her again. But Tripp assured me that I wasn't doing her any serious harm. Anyway, we finally got her fed. After we got her back in her carseat, she got a little fussy. I turned around to give her her paci, and I heard her getting a little gassy. I wasn't SURE that she had pooped, so I figured we could wait a little bit to change her. After all, we had just changed a poopy diaper right before she ate. So, after I gave her her paci, she fell asleep for a good hour or so. Then, she woke up and was fussy off and on. I finally told Tripp that I would hold her and calm her down if we could pull over. We did just that, and as I went to get her out of the carseat, I realized that she was sitting in a pretty massive pile of poopy. It was EVERYWHERE. The carseat was covered in it. As soon as I lifted her out of the seat, she stopped crying. No wonder...who would enjoy sitting in poop for an hour and a half?!?!?! We were really batting a thousand in the parenting field today! But...we did accomplish a road trip, and we actually had a great time otherwise. We got a good laugh out of the poopy blowout, too!
Sacked out in daddy's arms
Play time at the Knowles'



No comments: