Monday, June 15, 2009

Marbles Kid's Museum

Sunday afternoon, we decided to do something fun as a family. We're only about 5 minutes from downtown Raleigh. My friend Lydia (from the pictures a few posts ago) told me about this kids museum-Marbles in downtown Raleigh. We decided to go check it out. We had a BLAST! We stayed for over two hours!!! Rylie was exhausted by the time we left, but she didn't make a peep until we put her in the carseat to go home. She was having so much fun playing and watching all the "big kids." We went ahead and got a one year membership so we can come and go as we please. I'll probably take Rylie there at least once a week just to get out and be around other kids. In fact, I think we'll be going tomorrow for their "Littlest Learners" time of reading, singing, etc. Anyway, here are a bunch of photos from our fun outing!
Backpack packed and ready to go! They had the cutest little train area with three separate tables of varying heights for kids of all ages/sizes. We stuck to the tiniest of the tables, and Rylie really enjoyed the trains. She's never played with trains before, and they were quite a hit!
"Look, mom!"Marbles had some beautiful murals!
Intently watching that train
We came to this crawling area a few times during our visit.
I was so surprised that we didn't have to place one toy in this basket! Rylie's growing up so fast!
Rylie just toddled off and played by herself
This girl loves a challenge!
This is a 3-6 month little romper that she's wearing...she's going to be a tiny walker.
Contemplating how to get down
mid-fall...that's one way to do it! Don't worry grandparents, no injuries. She didn't even seem to notice that she had fallen.
She liked the fish tanks scattered throughout the museum
I don't have a clue what's going on, but this picture makes me laugh. I guess she was checking out the mural.
Get ready, Poppy! I think you'll have another boat driver on your hands soon!
I'm thought I'd go ahead and train her so that she'll be ready to chauffeur me around when I'm 80 or so!
This room was called "under the waves" or something like that. You can't tell from this picture, but the lights were dimmed and there was a disco ball. They were playing a wave sound machine...it was so cute! Rylie met a friend in this room. Her name was Ruby or Rosie or something like that. Anyway, the little girl just loved Rylie. They sat together and held hands, and I wanted a picture, but I'm not so sure about the rules of ettiquette concerning taking photos of strangers' children. So...I refrained. :-) The outdoor water area
The outdoor gardens...they were so cute, and the various patches had SUCH cute names!
The big board games
The "Around Town" section of the museum where the train, hospital, boat, and car pictures were taken. They also had a post office, fire truck, school bus, blocks, garden, grocery store, performing arts stage, and lots of other fun stuff!

View from the second story! Right below where this picture was taken is a pirate ship. While we were there, the museum invited the kiddos to take part in a "treasure hunt" Workbench with REAL tools. I know, scary! Parental supervision required along with goggles. You should've seen all the grandfathers/grandsons and fathers/sons! There were some proud men standing at these workbenches with their little ones!
The wall of fashion design. They had an area with fabric scraps, and kids could cut them up and design clothes.
Standing at the "Observation Station" lookout
Building a sandwich at the Deli
A mini ball pit for babies, petit peas!
Back in the crawling area
The doll is almost as big as she is!
Look at those little feet! I think she'll be toddling around in no time!
After lots of playing, Rylie needed a snack break...
and mommy did, too!
The mural in the crawling area
When we got back home, daddy let Rylie play for a bit. I think she enjoyed herself.

No comments: