Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Uncle Caleb and Rylie...Two Peas in a Pod

Okay, so I don't exactly remember this, but according to my parents, Caleb used to hate getting dirty. It's something about gritty textures. To this day, Caleb still prefers cloth napkins to paper ones. He can't stand to have sticky stuff or grit on his hands. I'm sure he hates that soap with the gritty pieces in it. When we were kids and would play in the sandbox together, he didn't enjoy it at all. He would frequently ask mom to wipe the sand off his hands. I, on the other hand, would play excitedly and even stuff the sand in my diaper! Apparently, Rylie inherited the same Plunkett genes that Caleb got. This was her first experience with sand. We decided to take her down to the beach volleyball court at our place to get her used to the sand before we go to the beach. We wanted to teach her not to eat it. Well, I don't think we need to be worrying about that anymore. She clearly isn't so crazy about the "grittiness" of sand. This one's a tribute to you, Uncle Caleb!
As soon as we plopped her in the sand, she began whimpering and fussing.
Notice her bottom lip! Just pitiful!
Trying to get her to warm up to the idea that sand is fun
Notice her hands in all of these pictures...she doesn't want to touch the sand.
The hands again...
and again...
I'll take this, mom.
She finally touched it!
Hey mom! It got on my hand!
She's grabbing my hand in this one...I guess she wants me to get the sand off. :-)
The cutest tootsies in the whole world!!!
She really enjoyed the sand toys, just not the sand so much.
It's hard to see, but she's looking at the sand that got on her hand...too cute!
I LOVE this face!!!
She's getting brave with daddy by her side
So, maybe grabbing the sand wasn't such a good idea. Now I can't get it off!
Since it was Easter, we made a bunny!

2 comments:

The Story Family said...

A Plunkett attribute maybe. But as Tripp's former roommate I can vouch for the fact that he has a bit of an OCD issue with this type of thing too... :)

mandyeden said...

Aww...I love all your new pictures! I can't wait for all of the fun things you guys are getting into now...playing in the sand, swimming, crawling...and hairbows! She is just a really pretty baby girl. I love the picture of her sitting with Poppy and looking straight into the camera! So adorable!